Wednesday, June 1, 2011

60's Residue - Disorganized Noize


I've known 60's Residue main man Eli Pechman for a few years now. He played the first June Gloom and now he's back! Eli was one of the first guys I knew who made his own gear. He's a smart motherfucker despite his young age. We collaborated a few times and made some seriously skull-faced noise. Eli switched gears and had been getting into his one man black-grind band. Think Anal Cunt (RIP Seth) meets Peste Noir. He has since been doing some spaced out visuals and gotten back into the noise game.

Here's a little interview I did with Mr. Pechman via email recently!

When I first met you you were creating your own damage effect pedals. What do you have planned for June Gloom?? Will you be bringing some homemade weapons of mass destruction??

I havent decided whether to do an analog or digital (computer) setup but either way i will be using my own devices.

You have been making some pretty heavily psychedelic visuals. How does this tie into making noise music??

Making visuals is like making noise for me because i design my setups to react to my controls in real time. Also my visuals involve video synthesis using feedback instead of using footage, just like my noise uses realtime audio synthesis using feedback instead of instruments or samples.

Do you plan on spreading your black metal- grind roots in the near future??

I kind of ran out of steam doing the black metal because i couldn't figure out any good ways to incorporate my electronics. I am thinking of starting a thrash project where I don't have to play guitar so i can do more live electronics.


What was your inspiration for wanting to make music and specifically noise??

Basically I started making noise because my music was very mathematically complex and i just kept going further and further to the point that it just didn't make sense anymore to work my ass off sequencing a bunch of nonsense when i could make it hurt peoples ears just as much by improvising. Then i discovered plugging things into themselves and it just went from there! In high school physics i saw a presentation on the physics of music and they explained that music is organized sound and noise is disorganized or random, so I try to make my noise as disorganized and nonlinear as possible.

What's next??

Me and Tristan (Author & Punisher) might work together to build a CNC router over summer for milling circuit boards so that I can start manufacturing some pedals.

60's Residue can be seen here, making a ton of noise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment